Just look at that thick, moussey layer of moussiness. Click here for the recipe.
Cookie Butter Streusel Banana Bread
by ari’s menu
- For the banana bread:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 extra ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cookie butter or Biscoff spread, melted
- For the cookie butter streusel:
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cookie butter or Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Begin with banana bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let stand.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together mashed bananas, applesauce, sugars and vanilla until well combined. Add half the dry ingredients, followed by almond milk mixture, then remaining dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Pour 1 cup melted cookie butter on top in an even layer. Top with remaining batter.
- To make the streusel, combine oats, brown sugar and 1 1/2 tbsp cookie butter. Mix by hand until ingredients are combined and form a crumbly texture. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake until golden and set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about an hour. Cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Home made veggie stock for carrot soup. This sauce pot contains water, onions including the peels, garlic and garlic peels, garden shallots, carrots, celery from the front garden, chard stems also from the front yard garden, parsley and cilantro, salt and pepper. Simmer for an hour or more, then strain and use for sauces and soups. Yum this is going to be delicious!
Here is an Organic gardening tip: Use the spent veggies for spot composting; Dig a semi deep hole where ever the soil needs improving, and bury the spent vegetables. (No meat scraps or cooking oils should be used in this gardening technique.) Cover them with about 7 inches of soil and straw mulch. The worms and bugs will come and work on this area and help improve the soil.
Deviled Avocado. Spicy Curry Sauce. Cado-Crunch Salad.
vegan, makes 4 avocado halves
2 avocados, scooped (rinse skin well before using)
1/2 lemon - squeeze over top scooped avocados to prevent browning
additional hemp seeds
Avocado Crunch Salad:
4 scooped avocado centers (about 1 1/2 cups mashed avocado)
1 small apple, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 Tbsp organic raisins or chopped dates
1-2 Tbsp raw hemp seeds
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp fine black pepper
note: you can get creative with this salad by adding in more veggies, beans, nuts and other seeds … creativity encouraged.
Bold Spicy Sweet Curry Sauce:
1 Tbsp maple syrup (grade B)
1 Tbsp tahini
1 tsp hot curry powder (or muchi curry)
2 tsp lemon juice
a few dashes cayenne for extra heat
**add a bit less maple syrup if you do not like your sauce too sweet.
1. Rinse your avocados well under cold water. Dry.
2. Slice avocados into halves, remove pits.
3. Scoop avocado flesh. Add to small bowl and drench leftover avocado bowls in lemon juice.
4. Add all the crunch salad ingredients to your small bowl and start mashing and folding the salad until a thick avocado salad forms. Set aside.
5. Whip together your curry sauce in a small bowl. Place in the fridge a few minutes to firm up a bit for best drizzling.
6. Add avocado crunch salad to scooped avocado shells. Pile it high.
7. Drizzle curry sauce over top. Add hemp seeds over top and some more fine black pepper. Optional: drizzle of EVOO for extra richness.
Serve! Note: These actually store in the fridge pretty well for up to a day. Just cover well and drench outside of stuffed avocados in lemon juice to prevent browning.
for my sissy who just went vegan!
How To Cook Thai Sticky Rice, via Pressure Cooker
I love, love sticky rice! a few years ago i traveled to Thailand where i encountered sweet sticky rice with mango as a dessert. I am hooked.
Cookie Butter Banana Bread
Homemade date sugar