They may as well alter that old saying to “look good from head to heel” because all eyes are on the artsy inches at the back of our shoes. Lucite blocks, metallic spikes and glam glitter have been taking footwear to bold new heights for the past few seasons. Along with WhoWhatWear, we’ve decided these bulbous glam Viktor & Rolf heels are the shoe crush of the season. Other designers that took part in this eye-popping trend include DVF, Hermès and Margiela. Step it up and have a ball with this j’amazing bauble heel!To create: String silver beads onto wire in descending order; leave approximately 6 extra inches of wire, then use wire cutters to cut. Tightly wrap the extra wire slightly above the tip of the heel. Use a small piece of foil tape to hold wrapped wire in place. Use a heel liner to seal the opposite end of the wire to the inside of the shoe. Aim for a liner with padding to prevent the wire from rubbing against the back of your feet.Get down with DIY and a dope playlistCurated by The Jane Doze
Fall Fashion Alert Trend
Metal Capped Shoes
I don’t think that paying under $100 is too much but for a super trendy shoe that might be unwearable in a couple years, it is best to find a pair under $50.
As far as the metal being too shiny-you could look up a DIY on how to dull down the shine.
I am trying to find another site that offers better styles and prices but so far I am impressed by shoedazzle. Anyone have a site they are obsessed with?
DIY Neon Shoes For Kids from Petite Magazine here. *First seen at handmade charlotte here.
Looks like Target is the winner!
truebluemeandyou: Where to buy cheap canvas shoes? Reblogging because of all the really good suggestions from readers. Thank you!
pizzaandpancakes asked you:Where can I get some cheap canvas shoes?Be sure to check outinspiration & realisation’sroundup of DIY Canvas Shoe Tutorials I posted here.Truebluemeandyou: Can anyone help with an answer?
- joy-personified answered: Target! I got some good ones for $13. And I’m sure Walmart has ‘em too!
- killerbunny117 answered: Target
- alessoninconfidence answered: kmart.
- horticultures said:urbanog.com
- sidelinesheep answered: i got some on sale at target for $9
- redletter13 answered: i got some from walmart for $8
- womanintheshadows answered: Kmart Walmart Any Hippie store, likeYarina.
- artsupplies, last-reality and dawtie answered: Payless
- amb-z said: Forever 21, online
- maddisnow answered: Try payless shoes, thift stores or famous footwear. Possibly Target.
- eimerfallon answered: Penneys (Ireland) or Primark(U.K) ?:L
- zmsquared answered: Your best bet would be a Stitches (8.00$)
- nesbitch answered: Forever 21, Target, Kmart, Walmart, Payless
- dianabeingdiana answered: I bough some from Forever 21 and Target,and they both have held up surprisingly well
- beetlebits said: I normally would check the big box discount stores likemarshalls ross and tjmaxx
- tifffffers answered: Target usually has the ‘knockoff’ version of white vans, they’re pretty good actually and under $15~
- pookascrayon answered: I’ve seen them at Hobby Lobby.
- crabbycatzanswered: walmart
- theconsciousbeauty answered: target $12.95
- adelicatemess answered: Target or Forever 21! I always get them from both of those stores :)
- bookaddict209 answered: if you want them to be really cheap and you don’t have a problem with used shoes, take your chances at thrift stores
- timburtonstolemypony said: I got some white ones without laces atWalmart once for like $5 If you’re not picky about them being Miley Cyrus’s brand. They’re comfortable though, really. I don’t get what people’s problem is with her stuff anyway…
- endless-melody said: In my town urban outfitters always has some in their sale section
- womanintheshadows answered: Craft stores. Micheals. Jo-Anne Fabrics
- thisismyspatula said: Don’t buy at Walmart. Go to your nearest Asian neighborhood and buy them for $5. So much more comfortable bc they’re hand sewn!
- kbethv answered: Get some TOMS. They’re not cheap, but what a cause. There’s really no reason not to.
- unravelled-words answered: ardene, walmart
- laurengoeshealthy said: rite-aid :) they have lace up and slip on Toms style ones, they were around years before Toms were too!
- becwtfna answered: rite aid
- infinite—luck answered: Primark ?
- mybeautydiary answered: H&M has for $10-$13 dollars
- oregonorganic answered: Bought some at F21 for 5 bucks!
- afemmesnowwhite answered: Forever 21, I’ve seen them on there for anywhere between 3-7 dollars, give or take.
- thaumaturgythinking answered: Bobs (by sketchers) do the one for one (buy one donate one) and are half the price. Though not as cheap as those ^ still good
DIY V-Day Love shoes
I bet i would go for a darker color …but I want to think I would go with orange!! My crafty mind is going in a million different directions with this one little DIY fix. I mean you go with découpage or stripes or ….
How do you transform scuffed up winter heels into bright springy ones? With spray paint, of course! Get the DIY here.