RAW RAINBOW WRAPS w/ Mango Dressing
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Large collard leaves
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Carrots, julienned
- Yellow and green zucchini squash, julienned
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Carton cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Slice, peel, julienne, and chop all of the wrap fillings.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove all or most of the collard green stems. This allows for more flexibility when it comes time to wrap.
3. Lay out the fillings across the collard leaf and roll it up as you tuck in the sides of the leaf.
Oh man, has anyone tried this? It looks SO good!
my muesli bars: from start to finish
- 1 cup mixed fruit muesli
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and grease a pan.
Cook butter, honey and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown and thick.
while butter mixture is cooking, mix all dry ingredients together. After butter mixture has cooled, add to dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
Spoon mixture into pan. Use a large metal spoon to press down firmly. Cook for 10-15 mins. Allow to cool. Cut into squares. Store in a foil-lined airtight container for up to 7 days. Enjoy!
Green Smoothie - 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 pear, 1 ½ cup of orange juice, and 1 frozen banana.
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL peanut butter, ½ banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice.
Mango Ginger — 2 cups frozen Mango, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup chopped ginger, squeeze of lime, yogurt.
Strawberry Date — 1 date, 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk. Optional: 1 scoop protein powder or 1 TBL of flaxseed oil.
Mango Citrus Body Butter | Garden Therapy
Anyone who has spent a long time in hospital (11 days for me!) will know how unforgiving the airconditioning is on your skin. My nurse gave me some lanolin that helped a lot but… it’s not the loveliest of lotions! Body butter is so much nicer smelling and making your own means you know what is going in it. When I have some more strength I’m hoping to make some of this for myself and maybe some more to make as gifts for everyone who helped me out!
Mango Butter, Mustard & Champagne Glazed Tofu
I am so excited to share this latest creation with you! Stay tuned for the recipe & inspiration behind it, coming soon!