this looks hard but so FANTASTIC! This would be a WOW at any party. Good luck!!!
Starbucks Lemon Loaf
DIY Lemon Salt Scrub | The Beauty Department
With Winter officially here, I am officially wearing more layers than a Kit Kat bar. Which means that I need to keep my skin nice and fresh so that when Summer rolls around my gams scare the locals. There’s nothing more satisfying than making your own beauty stuff and scrubs are so easy and quick. And I love anything lemon scented! Does anyone else? I think it’s the tart freshness of it that appeals. Make this for friends and family, I’m sure they’ll love it!
DIY Mint Facial Beauty Products
The mint in my terrace herb garden has been growing like crazy lately, as this herb is known to do. Even if you have a black thumb and very little outdoor or planting space, if you would like to start growing your own herbs, mint is a great place to start. It grows quickly and in a variety of environments (full sun or partial sun and can withstand a variety of temperatures). It also can be incorporated into a variety of food dishes and is amazingly easy to use for DIY beauty products. Mint is refreshing and cool for your skin, which is perfect during this time of year, and helps with skin irritations and blemishes.
Three of my favorite DIY beauty products with mint are above: mint blemish remover, mint lip scrub and a mint facial mask. Simply combine the ingredients listed in the photographs above and you are set. Each keeps well in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks. Also, I like to keep the chopped mint leaves in the products to retain their minty freshness, however, you can also use a sieve to keep the larger chopped leaves out before incorporating the ingredients. And don’t forget to keep these in mind next time you need an extra special handmade gift for a friend or family member!
(All photos by Explore*Handmade)
DIY No Cook Fruit, Herb & Honey Syrup Recipes and Tutorial from The Yummy Life here. These are freezable and can be used in hot and cold tea, water, yogurt, ice cream, etc. For more recipes from The Yummy LIfe like herb infused water, 1 minute chocolate icing (vegan and non diary options), etc… go here.
Deviled Avocado. Spicy Curry Sauce. Cado-Crunch Salad.
vegan, makes 4 avocado halves
2 avocados, scooped (rinse skin well before using)
1/2 lemon - squeeze over top scooped avocados to prevent browning
additional hemp seeds
Avocado Crunch Salad:
4 scooped avocado centers (about 1 1/2 cups mashed avocado)
1 small apple, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 Tbsp organic raisins or chopped dates
1-2 Tbsp raw hemp seeds
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp fine black pepper
note: you can get creative with this salad by adding in more veggies, beans, nuts and other seeds … creativity encouraged.
Bold Spicy Sweet Curry Sauce:
1 Tbsp maple syrup (grade B)
1 Tbsp tahini
1 tsp hot curry powder (or muchi curry)
2 tsp lemon juice
a few dashes cayenne for extra heat
**add a bit less maple syrup if you do not like your sauce too sweet.
1. Rinse your avocados well under cold water. Dry.
2. Slice avocados into halves, remove pits.
3. Scoop avocado flesh. Add to small bowl and drench leftover avocado bowls in lemon juice.
4. Add all the crunch salad ingredients to your small bowl and start mashing and folding the salad until a thick avocado salad forms. Set aside.
5. Whip together your curry sauce in a small bowl. Place in the fridge a few minutes to firm up a bit for best drizzling.
6. Add avocado crunch salad to scooped avocado shells. Pile it high.
7. Drizzle curry sauce over top. Add hemp seeds over top and some more fine black pepper. Optional: drizzle of EVOO for extra richness.
Serve! Note: These actually store in the fridge pretty well for up to a day. Just cover well and drench outside of stuffed avocados in lemon juice to prevent browning.
for my sissy who just went vegan!
- For best flavor let ingredients sit for a few hours before serving.
- I make these on large water bottles for the gym
- You can serve this for outdoor summer parties (picnics, fourth of july, garden weddings etc)
- This is significantly lower in calories than juices, soda
- Adding a bit of flavor to water can make it easier to drink more water than usual (sometimes it’s hard to drink 8 glasses of plain water a day)
- I *think* if you are on the Weight Watchers Program fruits & herbs have 0 points (so it’ll count as if you’re drinking plain water) *I don’t know if they changed this points rule…please double check :)