For Halloween you could add a bit of orange melted chocolate (from Micheal’s Craft Store or whereever they sell it) and a little sugar skull! it would be good for a tea party for kids too!
Soft Serve Birthday Cake10 - 12 servingsCake layers:
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 ice cream cones
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 12 ounces (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
Bake cake layers:
- Favorite jam
- Butter two 6” cake pans, line bottoms with parchment rounds, butter parchment. Place cake pans onto a baking sheet.
- Place ice cream cones into a muffin/cupcake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium size bowl mix together egg whites and milk until well blended.
What a lovely idea! I like how they made the cones into a chandelier.
This is a great idea for a party - it did not come with instructions so I am giving it my best guestimation….
Looks like they took melted chocolate and “pasted” Meringue cookies. The meringue cookies make a nice ice cream swirl look.
red, white, and blue ice cream cone cupcakes.