DIY Beauty: Scrubs, Masks and Oils
DIY cocoa butter bath truffles. This idea is very simple and requires items found at your local grocery store: cocoa butter and raw honey.
This recipe is divine. The lavender and honey brighten the strawberry’s more tart notes and just makes a lush, simple and scrumptious dessert. And I tested it with other honeys too and it works just as well.
What better way to welcome spring?
89 Calories - Whipped Strawberry Lemonade
Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 75 g butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 140 g powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 g store bought gingerbread spices (or 7 cloves, 1 teaspoon of anise, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, pinch of star anise)
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- neutral oil to grease baking tray
- 1 egg for eggwash
- Preheat oven to 190˚C.
- Grease two baking trays.
- Put all the dry ingredients for the gingerbread cookies into larger bowl and mix them together. Add butter, eggs and honey and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Sprinkle lightly your working desktop with some flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5 mm. Cut out the cookies using cookie cutters of various shapes. Place them directly on the pre-greased baking trays. Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown slightly.
- Immediately after removing cookies out from the oven, brush them with some egg-wash. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Mix together egg white, lemon juice and sugar to a slightly denser paste consistency. For icing use piping bag, plastic bag or plastic bottle. Draw the outlines first and let it dry (at least 1 hour). Dilute the icing with a little bit of a lemon juice and flood in the contours to form an even layer. Let dry completely. Once again, add some powdered sugar and decorate the white areas. You’ll create a fine relief.
DIY This is a gift that will help someone! I like these homemade gifts the best!!!
Winter Sore Throat Tea
In a jar combine lemon slices, organic honey and sliced ginger. Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a “jelly”. To serve- spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it. Store in fridge 2-3 months.
PUMPKIN PIE ALMONDS
2 cups raw almonds, 3 tsp cinnamon, 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 4 tbs honey, 1 tsp vanilla, sea salt. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes
Herb infused honey!