Hey- I made my very own DIY today in my backyard!
My plants were looking really poor and I found a great, inexpensive way to test my soil to see what is missing.
1. take two cups of the dirt you want to test
2. add just enough distilled water to make mud
3. to one add about 2 tablespoons of baking soda
4. to the other add about 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
5. wait 5 minutes - are any of the them fizzing?
(mine did with the baking soda)
if none are fizzing-GREAT-your soil is PH ok!
If the vinegar fizzles: that means your soil is too Alkaline
If the baking soda fizzes: that means your soil is too acidic
you can also buy PH paper if you don’t have time to do this test…however I did it really quick.
Because my soil is too acidic I added some lyme with plain cool water.
Happy planting!! Diz
if you are confused or have ANY questions regarding this DIY, please message me!!!