* 1 large head of cabbage
* 1 to 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup instant rice or cooked rice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided (more or less, to taste)
* 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) tomato soup, undiluted
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
See the whole recipe here
3 tablespoons of Crisco shortening
1-1/2 cup of self rising flour
1/2 tablespoon of dried chives, or 1 tablespoon of
fresh snipped chives
3/4 cups of milk
1 (2-3 pound) whole chicken or other chicken parts
1 large stalk of celery, sliced thin
1/2 of a…
I am not a vegan - but I really enjoy this food. My goal is to add a vegan meal each week until my hubby does not realize he and I are going without meat!
What is it called when you eat just fish and eggs?
i absolutely made this up as i went along, but it’s one of my favorite things i’ve made since going vegan. measurements are approximate, just taste things as you go.
in a biggggg pot, mix in:
- 3 cups black beans
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 cup corn
- 6 or 7 chopped mushrooms
- a small hot pepper skin, or more if you want it extra spicy
- 4-5 cups canned tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 cups homemade vegetable stock (or the kind that comes in a box, whatever)
- a splash of liquid smoke (equivalent to 4-5 drops)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- loads of salt, pepper, and other spices you love (we did oregano & curry powder)
simmer on medium-low heat, covered, for like an hour. this feeds a lot of people, maybe seven or eight! try it with a big chunk of crusty bread, it’s amazing.
my go to lazy man’s meal. I have leftovers in the ‘fridge right now actually. course, mine isn’t nearly as fancy nor does it likely taste as good.
- 1 ½ # boneless chicken cut into 2” chunks
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ c chopped onion
- 1 chopped pepper
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 c crushed pineapple with juice
- Cook chicken & onion in oil and soy sauce until lightly brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 5 min covered.
- Uncover and continue to cook and stir until liquid becomes thick sauce – approx. 2 min.
- Serve over rice or pasta.