ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
DIY, travel, culinary, photography, fashion, digital art, sewing...all part of my goal to find my dream job.
Mexican Bizcochito Cookies with Cinnamon, Sugar, and Anise
Sunset & Vine: Recipe: Scrabble Cookies
How perfect is this!? These scrabble cookies are from When Adobo Met Feujoada and get this - you can actually play with them! They are just about the size of a normal scrabble piece! Find all these pictures, the recipe, and all other information here!
Meyer Lemon Sugar…
this is what I am looking for - traditional treats worthy of a Holiday gift box!
Classic Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
48 Servings / Prep Time: 40 min. Bake Time: 17 min.
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Crisco Butter Shortening Stick, cut into slices or 1 cup Crisco Butter Shortening
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup Smucker’s Strawberry Preserves or any Smucker’s Preserves, Jam or Jelly
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust rack to middle position. Coat two cookie sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat down sugar and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined. Add flour on low speed until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl. Measure about 2 teaspoons dough for each cookie. Form into balls by rolling between your palms. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, then roll into pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation once again with a spoon. Place about 1 teaspoon preserves into the indentation of each cookie. Bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheet for several minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen cookies.