DIY Easy Herb Infused Honey Tutorial from Free People. Suggestions for ingredients to infuse: thyme, sage, mint, ginger, lavender, peppermint, vanilla beans, rosemary and cinnamon sticks. If you don’t want to strain the honey with cheesecloth before giving it as a gift, I’d find some way to incorporate it into the packaging. Not everyone has cheesecloth on hand.
Easy apple cake! (or peaches…YUM)
About 5 to 7 granny smith apples (or whatever you prefer), peeled, cored & thinly sliced
1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 stick real butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut apple slices crosswise in half.
3. Place in pan; sprinkle with dry cake mix.
4. In small bowl, combine sugar & cinnamon; sprinkle over cake mix.
5. Drizzle with butter.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
7. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired!
I know…box mix…but it really is yummy and great for a quick dessert.
DIY No Cook Fruit, Herb & Honey Syrup Recipes and Tutorial from The Yummy Life here. These are freezable and can be used in hot and cold tea, water, yogurt, ice cream, etc. For more recipes from The Yummy LIfe like herb infused water, 1 minute chocolate icing (vegan and non diary options), etc… go here.
Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 75 g butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 140 g powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 g store bought gingerbread spices (or 7 cloves, 1 teaspoon of anise, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, pinch of star anise)
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- neutral oil to grease baking tray
- 1 egg for eggwash
- Preheat oven to 190˚C.
- Grease two baking trays.
- Put all the dry ingredients for the gingerbread cookies into larger bowl and mix them together. Add butter, eggs and honey and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Sprinkle lightly your working desktop with some flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5 mm. Cut out the cookies using cookie cutters of various shapes. Place them directly on the pre-greased baking trays. Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown slightly.
- Immediately after removing cookies out from the oven, brush them with some egg-wash. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Mix together egg white, lemon juice and sugar to a slightly denser paste consistency. For icing use piping bag, plastic bag or plastic bottle. Draw the outlines first and let it dry (at least 1 hour). Dilute the icing with a little bit of a lemon juice and flood in the contours to form an even layer. Let dry completely. Once again, add some powdered sugar and decorate the white areas. You’ll create a fine relief.