Recipes for a Grapes and Peaches Fruit Snack and a Strawberry, Coconut Cream, and Carrot-Mango Fruit Snack, with little added sugar (if any) and no colorings or artificial flavors. It is made with gelatin, but has suggestions for substitutes if you’re vegan or vegetarian.
RAW RAINBOW WRAPS w/ Mango Dressing
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Large collard leaves
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Carrots, julienned
- Yellow and green zucchini squash, julienned
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Carton cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Slice, peel, julienne, and chop all of the wrap fillings.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove all or most of the collard green stems. This allows for more flexibility when it comes time to wrap.
3. Lay out the fillings across the collard leaf and roll it up as you tuck in the sides of the leaf.
Oh man, has anyone tried this? It looks SO good!
Home made veggie stock for carrot soup. This sauce pot contains water, onions including the peels, garlic and garlic peels, garden shallots, carrots, celery from the front garden, chard stems also from the front yard garden, parsley and cilantro, salt and pepper. Simmer for an hour or more, then strain and use for sauces and soups. Yum this is going to be delicious!
Here is an Organic gardening tip: Use the spent veggies for spot composting; Dig a semi deep hole where ever the soil needs improving, and bury the spent vegetables. (No meat scraps or cooking oils should be used in this gardening technique.) Cover them with about 7 inches of soil and straw mulch. The worms and bugs will come and work on this area and help improve the soil.
I love carrots!
Orange Dream Juice
SUBMISSION: Carrots juice shop in Malad, Mumbai