ok- I work with bread and if you overwork it, it becomes tough and gluey to eat. However, that being said, how fun is this!!! Most kids would love to eat this! I wonder if you can use whole wheat??
Cookie Butter Streusel Banana Bread
by ari’s menu
- For the banana bread:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 extra ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cookie butter or Biscoff spread, melted
- For the cookie butter streusel:
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cookie butter or Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Begin with banana bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let stand.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together mashed bananas, applesauce, sugars and vanilla until well combined. Add half the dry ingredients, followed by almond milk mixture, then remaining dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Pour 1 cup melted cookie butter on top in an even layer. Top with remaining batter.
- To make the streusel, combine oats, brown sugar and 1 1/2 tbsp cookie butter. Mix by hand until ingredients are combined and form a crumbly texture. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake until golden and set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about an hour. Cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Cookie Butter Banana Bread
DIY Mini Lemon Bread Loaf Recipe from Kittenbear here. This is a really easy recipe with lemon yogurt and lemon zest in it. *Tip & Confession: Don’t have time to bake? Go to Costco and get their mini holiday loaves of different types of bread and then put them in a foil tin (Dollar Store usually has them), wrap in cellophane, and tie with a pretty ribbon. Been there and done that.