Get inspired by nature! Bring the outdoors in to create a magical fête for fairies and their forest friends. Uses recycled tin cans covered to look like wood, with wood “plates”. (via Woodland Fairy Tale Birthday Party: Forest Floor Décor)
Soft Serve Birthday Cake10 - 12 servingsCake layers:
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 ice cream cones
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 12 ounces (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
Bake cake layers:
- Favorite jam
- Butter two 6” cake pans, line bottoms with parchment rounds, butter parchment. Place cake pans onto a baking sheet.
- Place ice cream cones into a muffin/cupcake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium size bowl mix together egg whites and milk until well blended.
DIY Inspiration: Fun Birthday Party Favors
DIY Rainbow Birthday Party Ceiling. I had to post this because it is from a Rainbow Unicorn Party. How perfect! Anyway, cheap plastic table cloths were used instead of streamers, then gathered in the middle with balloons. For tons more photos of this rainbow unicorn themed party go to Cafe Mom here.